Private Guitar LessonsRegister for Private Lessons!
- 7th-12th Grade & Up
- In-studio or In-home
- 30 minutes (studio only) /45 minutes or 60 minutes (recommended for 6th Grade Up)
- $ See pricing details on registration form /32 or 40 lessons
- Sept-June or Sept-August
- Weekdays & Weekends Available / Placement based on your availability and studio availability
Students will study proper technique, challenging and diverse repertoire, about musical interpretation, harmony, sight reading and more; all the skills needed to become an informed and well rounded musician.
Private lessons allow the teacher to dive further into the details and intricacies of the music and the instrument. Students will also perform 2 to 3 times each year in our Student Recitals. Lessons are available in our Brooklyn Studio or in your home (current neighborhoods we are doing home visits in are: in Manhattan: Upper West Side & Chelsea, in Brooklyn: Park Slope, BoCoCa, Brooklyn Heights, Prospect Heights. Other neighborhoods are possible; we will review each case to ensure reasonable travel time for our faculty members.
Upper Conservatory DivisionRegister Here!
- 7th-12th Grade / This Course is Available By Invitation Only
- Group Classes
- Weekly / Three hour sessions
- Dates, Tuition Information and Invitations will be sent out soon
- Weekends Available
- Brooklyn & Manhattan Locations
- This course includes a Masterclass with a visiting guest artist. 2017/8 Conservatory Students received a masterclass lead by Mark Delpriora, Head of Manhattan School of Music Guitar Department. An incredible opportunity!
If you are interested in having your child considered for this course please fill out the form above, indicating days of the week that the student will be available to attend. Knowing what your availability is will help us a great deal with our planning. Thank you!
All students must be enrolled in Private lessons as well in order to participate. The program is divided into 2 divisions, an upper division for grades 6-12 and a lower division for students in grades 3-5 and . The upper division meets once a week for a 3 hour session where they will have classes in Music Theory, Improvisation, World Music and Guitar Ensemble. The goal of this program is to creatively introduce students, in an age appropriate way, to advanced topics such as music theory, history and explore multiple genres of music from around the world. By working as an ensemble, students also will learn the importance of teamwork and how to be supportive and sensitive members of the musical community and beyond.
2019 Summer Teen Intensives
If you are interested in participating in our week-long Summer Guitar Intensives please fill out the form below. Please note that students must either be current EG students or have formal guitar training to participate in this program. The course will run Monday-Friday from 11am-3pm each day. The final performance will take place at 3pm on the Friday of each week. Tuition is $590 per week